Designed elsewhere? Need a letterpress printer?
Double Trip Press will happily print wedding invitation designs that come to us from graphic designers around the country! Before we work together we will need to see a PDF of the design to make sure that the job lends itself to letterpress printing.
- are primarily typography based
- have illustrations, designs, etc. made up of solid line work
- contain no large areas of flat color
- contain no gradients (however halftone gradients are acceptable)
- contain nothing thinner than .25 of a point in thickness
- can easily be converted into a vector in an Adobe Illustrator File
Once the design gets approved from our printers, we do have a few technical guidelines we have to set up to ensure that everyone is happy with the end results.
- Files for print must be submitted as both Adobe Illustrator File, as well as with a PDF comp.
- All type must be outlined.
- All items to be printed in the same color must be grouped together.
- Bleeds must be 1/8” outside the trim area.
- Finished sizes should be typed out outside the trim area to ensure they fit within any enclosures and envelopes. Original designer is responsible for any size adjustments that may occur.
- If Double Trip Press is digitally printing the front of the envelopes, please provide typeface file(s) as an .otf or .ttf.
- Ink colors must be submitted as Pantone (PMS).
- Paper, enclosure, and envelope selections must be submitted with a specified color name and vendor.
- Production timeline begins when ALL components are submitted to Double Trip Press.
- Double Trip Press is NOT responsible for corrupted files, typefaces or illustrations.